As industry standards evolve, more and more businesses are not only striving, but expected, to be accessible to users everywhere. Take a proactive approach and invest in making your website ADA compliant.
BENEFITS OF ADA TOOL
- Utilizes artificial intelligence technology to make the website compatible with screen readers.
- Automatically scans images and background images using AI image recognition technology and provides ALT tags, unless an optimized ALT tag is already implemented.
- The software automatically updates daily, and will be applicable to any updates made on the website on an ongoing basis.
- Champ will customize and implement the plugin on the website to match your brand standards and preferences in terms of colors, icons, and placement.
- The solution can be white labeled and show up on the website as your very own Accessibility Tool.
- Champ will be responsible for ongoing maintenance of the tool.
WHAT IS ADA COMPLIANCE?
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), is a federal law that took into effect in 1992, declaring the necessity of “a clear and comprehensive national mandate for the elimination of discrimination against individuals with disabilities” (42 USC § 12101(b)(1)). In 2010, it expanded its context to be applicable to a business’ online presence. These standards require companies to offer and maintain sites that people with disabilities can use and access.
Until now, solutions typically involved manually changing website code or installing an accessibility plugin. However, we at Champ weren’t satisfied with either of those solutions because they are time-consuming, expensive, and ineffective in the long run (manual) or they simply cannot achieve full compliance (plugins can reach approximately only 20% of the WCAG 2.1 recommendations).